Welcome to New Spring Press
New Spring Press proudly publishes scientific books and videos in the fields of health and nutrition and their impact on disease. We are the exclusive publishers of the scientific work of Nicholas J. Gonzalez MD and Dr. John Beard, the British scientist who pioneered the therapeutic uses of pancreatic enzymes. In addition to offering Dr. Gonzalez's award-winning books, we offer Dr. Gonzalez's lecture recordings.
The Maverick M.D. – Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez and His Fight for a New Cancer Treatment
The Authorized Biography by Mary Swander
When Nick Gonzalez was a medical student, he stood beside his father's deathbed and vowed that he would find a cure for cancer. Nick imagined his future as a researcher toiling away in a lab in Memorial Sloan Kettering, working on conventional approaches to the disease. Yet Gonzalez's life was anything but conventional. At the urging of Linus Pauling, he had already left an accomplished journalism career and entered Cornell Medical School.
Gonzalez's path took another turn when he met the controversial Dr. William Kelley, a dentist who, through an alternative nutritional approach, had arrested his own pancreatic cancer. Kelley had become infamous when he'd tried to help others.
The Maverick M.D. is the story of how Dr. Nick Gonzalez perfected the scientific theory behind Kelley's work and put the protocol into practice in New York City. Gonzalez drew courage from his Christian faith, from his Mexican-Italian-American family, and from key loved ones, colleagues and mentors. He spent years treating patients with the most serious conditions--from cancer to diabetes to lupus. But he wasn't satisfied as an outlier in the medical community. He wanted his work put to the test with a clinical trial.
This book portrays a man who fought for the acceptance of s nutritional cancer treatment in the halls of some of the most established U.S. medical institutions. Against intense opposition, Nick Gonzalez's determination held up until the end--a scientist who developed a therapy that saves lives and promotes the healing of the human mind, body and spirit.
Pre-orders Available NOW
Books will ship by the end of November 2020.
HARDCOVER $24.95 plus shipping. Please note that there is LIMITED AVAILABILITY
PAPERBACK $9.95 plus shipping
PROOF OF CONCEPT: In 1993, Nicholas Gonzalez, M.D. presented his BEST 25 cancer patient cases to the National Cancer Institute (NCI). This newly published book, Proof of Concept, documents Dr. Gonzalez's original presentation to the NCI including the appropriate medical records confirming each diagnosis. The Gonzalez Protocol® is based on the enzyme treatment for cancer. At this very early stage in his medical practice, Dr. Gonzalez was optimistic and believed that if he could prove that his protocol was effective for treating cancer, the NCI would support his nutritional cancer research. This presentation includes Gonzalez cases of breast cancer, endometrial cancer, adenoid cystic carcinoma, head and neck cancer, lung cancer, lymphoma, melanoma, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, renal cell carcinoma, sarcoma and thyroid cancer. Proof of Concept features a foreword by Dr. Linda Isaacs. Order on Amazon
NUTRITION AND THE AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM: Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez's book Nutrition and the Autonomic Nervous System - The Scientific Foundations of The Gonzalez Protocol is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions. It won the 2018 Book Excellence Award in the category of Diet & Nutrition and was a finalist for the 2017 Best Book Award.
In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez (developer of The Gonzalez Protocol® for the treatment of cancer and other degenerative diseases) explains the importance of nutrition in maintaining and restoring the autonomic nervous system balance that is so crucial to good health.
- Dr. Gonzalez describes how individual variation in nervous system function means that different individuals require different types of diets (ranging from largely raw food and vegetarian to diets high in fatty red meat, and every variation in between) in order to achieve good health.
- Drawing upon more than twenty-five years of private practice in New York, and prior research by Drs. Pottenger, Gellhorn, and Kelley, he also explains why nutritional supplementation protocols similarly need to be individualized for optimal autonomic nervous system function.
- While this book is not a how-to manual, reading it will help you better understand how to maintain or improve your own health. If you are a health professional, it will better assist your patients to remain healthy or recover from illness without potentially harmful medications.
CONQUERING CANCER: Dr. Gonzalez's two volume cancer case report book series, Conquering Cancer, published posthumously, is available on Amazon in hardback and Kindle editions. Both volumes were finalists for the 2017 Best Book Awards.
Conquering Cancer: Volume One - 50 Pancreatic and Breast Cancer Patients on The Gonzalez Nutritional Protocol.
Conquering Cancer: Volume Two - 62 Patients on The Gonzalez Protocol
- This cancer case report book series documents the scientific effectiveness of The Gonzalez Protocol® - the nutritional enzyme cancer treatment designed by Nicholas J. Gonzalez, MD.
- The two volume book series provides an in-depth analysis of The Gonzalez Protocol® in both theory and practice, with 112 representative patients diagnosed with a poor prognosis or terminal malignancies who did well under Dr. Gonzalez's care.
- Conquering Cancer is the culmination of Dr. Gonzalez's twenty-eight-year medical career. Dr. Gonzalez died unexpectedly in July 2015.
- Volumes One and Two are available to all those with an interest in cancer in general, the enzyme treatment of cancer in particular, alternative medicine, and The Gonzalez Protocol®.
- PLEASE NOTE: these are not "how-to" books for self-treatment
The Trophoblast and the Origins of Cancer by Nicholas J. Gonzalez, M.D., and Linda L. Isaacs, M.D. This monograph comprehensively reviews Dr. John Beard's theories regarding the origins of cancer and its treatment from the perspective of contemporary molecular biology. The authors include case histories of cancer patients successfully treated with an enzyme-based regimen. This book is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions.
One Man Alone by Dr. Nicholas J. Gonzalez. In this monograph, completed as partial fulfillment of his immunology training, Dr. Gonzalez reviewed the treatment and successes of William Donald Kelley DDS, who refined Dr. Beard's original approach to cancer. Although originally completed in 1986, One Man Alone was published in 2010, rewritten and with an updated introduction by Dr. Gonzalez. This research study has generated strong interest in the alternative and conventional medical world for more than two decades. This book is available in hardcover and Kindle editions on Amazon.
Sign up for our announcement list (see left hand menu) to be notified of publication dates for future releases including a new Biography about Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez. For more information about Dr. Gonzalez and the non-profit foundation The Nicholas Gonzalez Foundation, visit TheGonzalezProtocol.
“New Spring Press” is a registered trademark of New Spring Press, LLC. All rights reserved.
New Spring Press LLC